New Employee Onboarding – Your first days
YOUR FIRST DAY
- You will have a scheduled orientation call with a member of Human Resources.
- Email the paperwork to HR if you didn’t send it prior to your first day.
- Sign in to the Accurate portal to complete section 1 of the I9.
- Enroll in Benefits in Oracle HRIS by day two.
- Obtain desk or office keys and building access card.
- Set up your personal work space, including your phone and email.
- Be prepared to meet coworkers on the first day.
- Introduce yourself to others in the workplace.
Talk to your manager about:
- Clarify your work schedule.
- Identify your initial assignments; the purpose of your work; how it fits into your department’s goals and aligns with your job description; and how you can begin making immediate contributions.
- Work with your manager to draft your annual goals and input into Oracle HRIS.
- Department-specific safety and emergency information.
- Taking a building tour.
- How to get additional office supplies.
- How to fax or print documents.
YOUR FIRST WEEK
- Debrief with manager after attending initial meetings and training and discuss scheduling one-on-one meetings.
- Request time to go over AW Connect for performance management and goal-setting process in your department.
- Plan lunch with a co-worker if appropriate.
- Review where to locate additional company and department policies.
- If you are having any computer or phone issues, contact the IT Support Center.